Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rivals

Sure, the St. Joseph's team will be glued to tube tonight watching the selection special, possibly with an ESPN camera crew filming their every groan and cheer. But if you want drama, spend some time with in-laws Booth and Whiteside.

For the past six years, Booth has been trying to beat Whiteside (her brother-in-law) in our contest, without success but with increasing desperation. Here's the situation, in Booth's own words and exclamation points:

Curt "Shabba" Whiteside had to submit his pool early due to a trip out of town. I NEED to use this to my advantage !! If you only get one shot...this is it for me !! THIS is my American Idol !!! He is my sister's husband, but if he beats me again and rubs it in my face by singing "I'm Shabbalicious" (yes he has done that) I don't know what I will do !! This year I'm gonna drink his milkshake !!

Shabba? What's that about? At the moment, Booth leads Whiteside, 79 points to 76. We'll be covering this one through the first weekend in April...

Also, word on the street is high-powered doctor K Sullivan (currently with 81 points in the standings) has been taking time that could have spent winning a Nobel prize and using it to taunt B Peloso (69).

We'll have a full "rivals" post after selection of the field.

No comments: